Boinkette

The best part of politics: because they're all screwing us anyway.

Friday, July 22, 2005

David Brooks hearts John Roberts

Must we really be subjected to Brooks waxing poetic about judicial nominations?

Roberts nomination, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee with the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. I love thee freely, as men strive for right. I love thee because this is the way government is supposed to work. President Bush consulted widely, moved beyond the tokenism of identity politics and selected a nominee based on substance, brains, careful judgment and good character.

I love thee because John G. Roberts is the face of today's governing conservatism.

Hmmm...seems Brooksie has a wee bit of a crush on the pretty boy judge, eh? I bet he'd like that robed cutie to be the face of his governing conservatism any day.

But somehow, the thought of token-conservative-columnist- on-enigmatic-judicial-nominee doesn't quite do it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home