Boinkette

The best part of politics: because they're all screwing us anyway.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Still crying

Because I'm such a fucking crybaby. And my getting upset doesn't do the victims of Katrina any good, and that just makes me feel worse.

It's all so fucking depressing, from the suicides of two New Orleans police officers to evacuees forced to leave behind their pets to conservatives blaming the victims to the larger horror of nationwide poverty.

This is just too much. I'm going to bed now.

Sorry for not being funny. Sometimes I just don't have any funniness in me. Maybe I'm a hypocrite because there are always terrible things going on, and there's no reason I should suddenly lose my sense of humor now.

But it's not that I haven't been having fun recently--it's just that when I go online and look at the news and the blogs I usually read and get ideas from, it's all tragedy and incompetence and too much that's depressing and whatever I might find or make up about the sex lives of politicians seems tiny in comparison.

So maybe the real me is coming though a little more than it usually does. Oh well. Maybe I'll go back to making dirty puns when this all blows over (see, I just made one) and maybe I won't. I'm too tired to figure it out right now. I feel like I shouldn't be so much myself in such a public forum, that I should be keeping up the Boinkette persona, but right now I just can't.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    We're all having a tough time of it right now. We do understand. I go back and forth between crying and being extremely furious myself. And other than donating money, there really is nothing substantial that I can do. Even venting isn't taking the edge off. And sleeping isn't helping either.

    I start thinking about all the children and I start to tear up.

    shit!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Boinkette said…

    I'm glad it's not just me...

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Michael J. West said…

    It's not just either of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home